A Basketful of Weakness  

Posted by Tiffany

So sweet and smiley
So nice and warm-hearted
The strengths of a person,
So simply one-sided.

Their deeds and accomplishments
Their daring and bravery.
But their secrets and struggles,
Still kept in slavery.


The aches and the pains
The failures and bleakness
All kept inside,
A basket of weakness.

The lies shroud out
Any hope that you hold.
Crushing, destroying
The misery unfolds.

It must spill out,
It must be told.
The pain can't hide,
Can no longer withhold

To tell a friend,
And shed some tears.
Release it all,
And calm your fears.

Not alone in all the muddle.
Not alone in the fight.
Many know the rugged path
And how it ends so bright.

The deeper each one probes the heart,
A bond there is to find.
Growing ever stronger,
And being ever refined.

For Christ said,
"My grace is sufficient for thee,
My power made perfect in weakness."
Oh, the wonderful love of a Savior as He.

A basketful of weakness
Made strong through the Blood.
So perfect in splendor,
Overflows as a flood.

Oh, thank God,
I'm a basketful of weakness.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
~2 Corinthians 12:9


This entry was posted on Monday, December 13, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota