A Personal God  

Posted by Tiffany

God is so incredibly awesome! He isn't like the Greek god Poseidon or the Roman god Jupiter. Nor is He like like a more modern-day god such as Buddha or the prophet Muhammad. No, the one true God is nothing like them! He is personal. And what does that mean? It means that I can actually have a relationship with Him! Can you believe it?!? The only God in the world that you can have that with! Wow. Such a relationship is almost impossible to describe! Think of your BEST friend...one who knows almost everything about you and with whom you share your innermost thoughts and feelings...now think of that relationship being 10 times greater! That's what is like to be friends with God! I tell Him my doubts, fears, joys, sorrows, strengths, and weaknesses - everything. And He never let's me down. He's never too busy to give a "listening ear" or a "helping hand." It's true that I can't see Him, and you may wonder how I could have such relationship with Someone who is invisible. I admit, I don't fully understand it myself. But, somehow, He makes His presence known in a way that is too inexplicable to describe. He says to be still and know that He is God.(Psalm 46:10) When you're looking for Him, you will find Him.

But lest you think that this is a one-sided relationship, let me tell you a bit about what God does. When I'm done talking to Him, and I actually listen for a change, He will start speaking to me in different forms and ways. Maybe it's a Bible verse, something a friend says, an answer to a specific prayer, or just something altogether out-of-the-blue type of thing. He will test and push me to the limits. There is never a dull moment with God! He takes you on the most adventurous roller coaster ride of your life! (with a few stops here and there ;)) He will chastise me when I need it, and yet loves me like nobody else in the world. He is so great and mighty. He can make something happen with a whisper, and it’s done. Yet, He knows every inch of my heart and soul and understands my feelings. He tells me to come boldly unto His throne, that I may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb. 4:16) How can any other god compare?

But I also don't want you to think that I have a picture perfect life, and things always go my way. Haha...that would be the overstatement of the year! There are so many times I get mad at God, so many times I ask Him, "Why are You dong this??" and "What do You think You're doing?!?" And, yes, there are even times when I feel that God is against me. But the funny thing is, God just picks me up, ignoring my kicking and screaming, and carries me in His arms along the beaten path until I finally realize that He's been by my side every step of the way. My despairing cries start to calm, and the Lord puts me down and holds His outstretched hands towards me. I look up, and I start to smile and accept what God has put in my path.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

So true! We really have a great God!!!

Hugs,
Sheila